Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yesterday destroyed me

I realize I've been neglecting my blog. I just scrolled down the first page, and I got back to 2007. That ain't cool. Hrm...seems that was about the time that Twitter strolled onto the scene, and I guess I haven't really had much to say that was more than 140 characters since then :) Now that some of my friends have started blogging (again) regularly, I'm inspired to take up the challenge again.

As Sandy would say, yesterday was a large day. Warmest so far this year and blazing sunshine. Julie was over in Burnside at a nutrition course, so she had the car, but I had the day to myself. I had received a call the day before about some fenders for my new bike coming in at Bicycles Plus in Bedford. I'd been biking into work all week, so I thought I'd give biking out to Bedford a go. I got there with out incident (it's mostly downhill from Clayton Park, and the Bedford Highway has a bike lane along almost its entire length), but upon arriving there, I realized I'd forgotten something that I required while in Bedford.  I had to bike home, then back again.  Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, I'm pulling around a lot less weight than I was last year at this time, but still a workout was had.

After I got home for the second time, I had to prepare to go curling! This would be my the first time trying that sport.  My work's social committee had organized a group outing at the Halifax Curling Club.  We had the whole place to ourselves for about 2 hours. I now have a new respect for what all those people I watched at the Brier did. I had enough trouble staying upright on one of those sliders, let alone sending a 40 lb. rock down the ice to a specific location. Coming out of the hack also nicely stretches the groin muscles. A few people were taking photos; hopefully there are none of me :)

Following curling, a group of us went to Darrell's on Fenwick. [If you click on that link, watch out for the music.] I tried the peanut butter burger. Damn good, if I do say so myself.  It's no bacon-infused burger, but then, really, what else is?

But the thing that really set me on my ass, and put me in the state I am today, was the first 2am night I've had in probably more than 10 months, maybe more than a year -- The Thrush Hermit reunion show at the Paragon Theatre.  Great band, great show, great time, but holy crap I am tired right now.  I can't say for sure whether it was the previous activities of the day or the late night, but at noon the next day, I feel like I was run over. I wasn't even drinking! I have a kettlebell class at 7:00am tomorrow morning, and I'm just hoping I survive.

Cheers, folks.  Hopefully that's enough blogging to keep you sated for the time being.